An individual who wishes to broaden your experience and raise your profile within software development by interacting with emerging platforms, technologies, major software, services and client organisations. You truly embrace the possibilities of Open Source development, Cloud and Big data and you will be excited about the possibilities this brings. You will wish to have the freedom to use the right tool for the right purpose in emerging technologies within open source development.
You will be involved with…
Working closely with development teams, implementing best practice around continuous deployment and scalable infrastructure. This role involves working with technologies as diverse as Kubernetes, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Elasticsearch, Apache Mesos and many other emerging platforms and technologies. With OpenCredo’s partnerships with the Google Cloud Platform, HashiCorp, Mesosphere, Docker, Datastax, Red Hat and many others, the role will be diverse, challenging and dynamic.
- A solid understanding of the Linux user space and a good knowledge of shell scripting
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Strong scripting skills in languages such as Python, Ruby, …
- Strong knowledge of at least one Continuous Deployment tool: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity
- Experience with public cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience setting up and/or managing deployment pipeline
- A keen interest in new technologies
- Software development experience
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Marathon etc
- Experience with metrics, monitoring, alerting and logging systems; e.g. Sensu, Graphite, ELK, Prometheus
- Experience in PaaS technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Engine Yard etc
- History of client facing or consultancy roles
- Able to communicate complex ideas to peers and clients
- Salary: Highly competitive basic salary
- Company Pension scheme (5% Matched Contribution)
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- High spec laptop
- Regular social events
OpenCredo is a pragmatic high end software consultancy. We help our clients to deliver software using leading edge technologies and processes to gain competitive advantage. We invest in building internal knowledge on the technologies that will change software development tomorrow so that our clients can safely adopt them early. We favour agility both internally and in the way that we engage with our clients. We have recently built innovative solutions for a number of FTSE 100 organisations as well as government using a range of Cloud and NoSQL/Big Data technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Cassandra and Neo4J.
We are always looking for passionate technologists to deliver valuable software.
One of the things that our employees value in working for OpenCredo is variety: engagements vary from short-term single-person project health checks and technology bootstrapping up to building new technology platforms as part of a large team for enterprise customers.