An individual who wishes to broaden your experience and raise your profile within software development by interacting with emerging platforms, technologies, major software, services and client organisations. You truly embrace the possibilities of Open Source development, Cloud, NoSQL and Big data and you will be excited about the possibilities this brings. You will wish to have the freedom to use the right tool for the right purpose in emerging technologies within open source development.
You will be involved with…
You will be expected to work closely with in house development teams on enterprise level software, creating and automating acceptance tests. Test automation engineers are also expected to perform exploratory testing as well as raise and manage defects throughout the development process. You will also work directly with clients to gain a full understanding of functional and nonfunctional requirements which feed directly into the test suite. This role involves working with technologies as diverse as RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Docker, Elasticsearch, Apache Mesos and many other emerging platforms and technologies. With OpenCredo’s partnerships with the Google Cloud Platform, Mesosphere, Docker, Datastax, Red Hat and many others, the role will be diverse, challenging and dynamic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work with customers to understand and define business requirements
- Demonstrable working knowledge of at least one OO programming language
- At least two years experience in a test automation or software development role
- Web or desktop applications
- Ability to create flexible, extensible automated test suites
- Experience of defect tracking processes and associated tools
- g. Jira, Bugzilla, ClearQuest
- Experience of behaviour driven development and associated tools
- e.g. Cucumber, JBehave, Fitnesse
- Experience of web automation frameworks
- e.g. Selenium / WebDriver, Watir
- Experience with version control and source code management tools
- e.g. Git, SVN
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools
- e.g. Hudson / Jenkins, Bamboo
- Experience of working as part of an agile team
- Knowledge of performance testing and associated tools
- e.g. JMeter
- Salary: Highly competitive basic salary
- Company Pension scheme (5% Matched Contribution)
- Private Healthcare
- Life Assurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- High spec laptop
- Regular social events
OpenCredo is a pragmatic high end software consultancy. We help our clients to deliver software using leading edge technologies and processes to gain competitive advantage. We invest in building internal knowledge on the technologies that will change software development tomorrow so that our clients can safely adopt them early. We favour agility both internally and in the way that we engage with our clients. We have recently built innovative solutions for a number of FTSE 100 organisations as well as government using a range of Cloud and NoSQL/Big Data technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Cassandra and Neo4J.
We are always looking for passionate technologists to deliver valuable software.
One of the things that our employees value in working for OpenCredo is variety: engagements vary from short-term single-person project health checks and technology bootstrapping up to building new technology platforms as part of a large team for enterprise customers.