An individual with a keen interest in how emerging technologies, approaches and software can be used to pragmatically solve complex and challenging business problems. You embrace open source development, and thrive in hands on, technical environments. You are excited by the prospect of working with new languages, cloud, containers, NoSQL and Big data technologies, as well as having to explain and communicate how these technologies can form part of a broader overall solution. A healthy dose of critical thinking means you like to dig under the covers and also don’t just accept things for how they currently are. You always strive to use the right tool for the job.
Reasons to work here…
- Transparency; monthly company meetings where anything and everything relating to the company can be discussed
- Work with some of the most exciting new technologies
- Co-workers who will challenge your thinking and help you to achieve your potential (often we recruit people who are bored of being the one really smart guy)
- We do not resell licenses; we pride ourselves on being able to have unbiased, honest and straightforward dealings with our customers.
- We have good connections in the wider technology community so can provide help with conference and meetup speaking opportunities, book writing opportunities as well as the opportunity to contribute to open source projects
- Senior managers who understand and value passionate technologists; two of the three founders were previously senior consultants with Spring Source
- A fun and sociable working environment
- Expert level in at least one of the following languages: Java / Scala / Go
- Good understanding and demonstrable experience of one or more relational databases
- Basic Unix skills
- Appreciation of good software architecture and design principles
- Appreciation of DevOps working practices
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of industry practices such as TDD, Continuous Integration & Delivery
Nice to have
- Experience acting in lead roles
- Experience dealing with clients (can be internal stakeholders)
- Experience with infrastructure automation
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with containerisation technologies
- Experience with distributed messaging technologies
- Highly competitive basic salary
- 5% matched contributory pension
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- High spec laptop
OpenCredo is a pragmatic high end software consultancy. We help our clients to deliver software using leading edge technologies and processes to gain competitive advantage. We invest in building internal knowledge on the technologies that will change software development tomorrow so that our clients can safely adopt them early. We favour agility both internally and in the way that we engage with our clients. We have recently built innovative solutions for a number of FTSE 100 organisations as well as government using a range of Cloud, Container and NoSQL/Big Data technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, SpringBoot, Cassandra and Neo4J.
We are always looking for passionate technologists to deliver valuable software.
One of the things that our employees value in working for OpenCredo is variety: engagements vary from short-term single-person project health checks and technology bootstrapping up to building new technology platforms as part of a large team for enterprise customers.