An individual who wishes to broaden your experience and raise your profile within software development by interacting with emerging platforms, technologies, major software, services and client organisations. You truly embrace the possibilities of Open Source development, Cloud, NoSQL and Big data and you will be excited about the possibilities this brings. You will wish to have the freedom to use the right tool for the right purpose in emerging technologies within open source development.
Reasons to work here…
- Transparency; monthly company meetings where anything and everything relating to the company can be discussed
- Work with some of the most exciting new technologies
- Co-workers who will challenge your thinking and help you to achieve your potential (often we recruit people who are bored of being the one really smart guy)
- We do not resell licenses; our dealings with customers are honest and straightforward
- We have good connections in the wider technology community so can provide help with speaking opportunities, booking writing opportunities and also the opportunity to contribute to open source projects
- Senior managers who understand and value passionate technologists; two of the three founders were previously senior consultants with Spring Source
- A fun and sociable working environment
- Expert level Java
- Appreciation of software architecture
- Experience acting in lead roles
- Experience dealing with clients (can be internal stakeholders)
- A good knowledge of the core Spring Framework
- A good knowledge of one or more relational databases
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of industry practices such as TDD, Continuous Integration, Design Patterns
- Highly competitive basic salary
- 5% matched contributory pension
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus public holidays
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- High spec laptop
OpenCredo is a pragmatic high end software consultancy. We help our clients to deliver software using leading edge technologies and processes to gain competitive advantage. We invest in building internal knowledge on the technologies that will change software development tomorrow so that our clients can safely adopt them early. We favour agility both internally and in the way that we engage with our clients. We have recently built innovative solutions for a number of FTSE 100 organisations as well as government using a range of Cloud and NoSQL/Big Data technologies such as Cloud Foundry, Cassandra and Neo4J.
We are always looking for passionate technologists to deliver valuable software.
One of the things that our employees value in working for OpenCredo is variety: engagements vary from short-term single-person project health checks and technology bootstrapping up to building new technology platforms as part of a large team for enterprise customers.